What are cookies?
Cookies are tiny little text files which are sent to and stored on your device (computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet) by the website you visit. Cookies are stored in your browser file directory. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you revisit the same site so it can recognize your device and improve your experience on each subsequent visit.
What different types of cookies are there?
- Cookies are typically divided into the following categories:
- First-party cookies: first-party cookies are such cookies that are set by the website which is being visited by the user, i.e. cookies placed by OSRAM GmbH when you visit an OSRAM GmbH website.
- Third-party cookies: third-party cookies are cookies which are placed by a domain other than the website which is being visited by the user.
- Session cookies: session cookies are only active during a browser session. They allow to link the actions of a user during a browser session. Session cookies expire when you close the browser or shortly thereafter.
- Persistent cookies: persistent cookies have longer expiration dates which exceed the duration of a browser session. They are activated each time the user revisits the website that created the cookie. They remain on a user´s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. Typical expiration dates for persistent cookies can range from a couple of days to a couple of years.
Which categories of cookies are used for what purposes by OSRAM GmbH?
The OSRAM GmbH uses session cookies and persistent cookies as well as first-party cookies and third-party cookies.
At OSRAM GmbH domains, we employ cookies to generally offer you the best possible user experience, i.e. by remembering your visits to our websites as well as your site preferences and by letting you navigate efficiently between different website pages.
The OSRAM GmbH uses the following categories of cookies for the following purposes:
- Strictly necessary cookies: OSRAM GmbH serves cookies that are essential for running OSRAM GmbH websites and for making the sites work properly; without these cookies, affected features on OSRAM GmbH websites cannot be provided at all. Strictly necessary cookies are typically needed for features like access to secure areas and for shopping baskets.
- Performance / Analytics: OSRAM GmbH collects information about how you use the website, e.g. which pages you visit most often and which errors you experience. This analytical profiling helps us to measure how effective the offered content is and to determine how the website performance could be improved.
Which cookies do we use on our websites?
Web tracking cookies
What are they called?
Session Cookies: “PHPSESSID”; “JSESSIONID”
Web tracking cookies: “CTCNTNM_[hash]”
How long are they active?
Session Cookies: Browser session; Session end (60 min.)
Web tracking cookies: 90 days
What do they do?
We use session cookies to optimize and enhance our websites. Blocked or deleted session cookies do not affect the functionality of the website and its tools and functionalities.
Session Cookies are being used throughout all Osram websites.
Web tracking cookies are being used throughout all Osram websites.
How can I withdraw my cookie consent and change my cookie settings?
You can withdraw your cookie consent at any time. In order to do so, you will need to disable / delete your cookies.
Please note that if you do not accept cookies you will still be able to browse our OSRAM GmbH site, but certain parts and functionalities of OSRAM GmbH websites may not work properly without cookies.
Your internet browser allows you to change your cookie settings. Such browser settings for cookies are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu of your internet browser. You may also consult the browser’s “help” menu. Different browsers may use different mechanisms to disable cookies.
Please consult the below links for more details on how to manage your cookie settings:
For further information about the deletion or blocking of cookies, please consult:”
Represented by Dr. Olaf Berlien, Ingo Bank and Dr. Stefan Kampmann